Direct observation has been considered the gold standard in monitoring hand hygiene in healthcare settings, but less than 1-3 percent of all hand hygiene opportunities in healthcare settings are captured through direct observation.1 Electronic hand hygiene monitoring systems are gaining traction with hospitals who want more robust data to measure, track and improve hand hygiene.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), hand hygiene should be the #1 intervention in preventing healthcare-associated infections, yet the average hand hygiene compliance in hospitals is still below 50 percent.2 For more than a decade, GOJO has been committed to working with customers to build solutions to electronically monitor and measure hand hygiene compliance.
Now, GOJO has expanded its PURELL SMARTLINK™ Technologies portfolio to include the PURELL SMARTLINK Integrated Monitoring System (IMS). With this addition, the PURELL SMARTLINK portfolio is the broadest set of electronic hand hygiene monitoring solutions in the market,3 which allows GOJO to offer customers a solution no matter where they are in their electronic hand hygiene monitoring journey.
The PURELL SMARTLINK™ Integrated Monitoring System uses Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) technology to capture healthcare worker specific hand hygiene events in real-time. It requires no existing location tracking infrastructure and gives hospitals the ability to easily add location capabilities like nurse call and asset tracking in the future.
The core features and benefits of IMS include:
- Wireless Technology – Battery-powered BLE technology that reduces installation complexity and overall cost, and provides flexible cloud connection options, including Wi-Fi, ethernet or on-site server to help meet IT requirements.
- Customizable Reporting – A web-based software platform that has quick, easy-to-read reports for individual, job role or group level data, and includes automated report subscription emails to deliver data directly to recipients daily, weekly or monthly.
- Actionable Data – Reliable, automated data capture to provide increased visibility into hand hygiene performance and includes individualized data for accountability and direct, one-on-one feedback and coaching.
- Clinical Support – Education and coaching of front-line staff can be tailored to each unit’s culture and workflows while data management and analysis can help create and improve hand hygiene initiatives.
- Maintenance Ease – Proactive identification of low refills, low batteries, product expiration, and IMS network health to help ensure consistent product availability and device functionality.
As part of the PURELL SOLUTION™, PURELL SMARTLINK™ includes a complete set of products that leverage science-based formulations and data generation capabilities to ensure hospitals are equipped with everything they need to fight the spread of infections and improve the quality of care.
For more information, visit GOJO.com/SMARTLINK-hc or email us at SMARTLINK@GOJO.com. Watch a video about the PURELL SMARTLINK™ Integrated Monitoring System at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQTCEoGBAo.