Measuring Hand Hygiene Compliance: An Overview
Presented by Linda Weld, MSN RN CIC and Jane Kirk MSN RN CIC at IPAC-Canada 2014 National Educational Conference, May 26, 2014 (29:03 minute length)
- Gain knowledge on different electronic hand hygiene compliance monitoring systems used to monitor and measure hand hygiene compliance
- Compare old and new methodology for impacting hand hygiene compliance
- Understand the potential impact of enhanced data collection for hand hygiene on patient outcomes
Health Canada Standards and Factors Influencing the Clinical Effectiveness of Alcohol-based Hand Rub (ABHR)
Presented by William R. Jarvis, MD at PICNet 2014 Educational Conference, March 3, 2014 (52:27 minute length)
- Understand registration options for ABHR
- Become familiar with Health Canada standards and test requirements
- Understand key differences between ABHR product efficacy
- Learn how to make informed decisions on selecting ABHR products
CHICA 2012 Hand Hygiene Symposium Presentations
Presented at CHICA-Canada 2012 National Education Conference, June 19, 2012, Saskatoon, SK
Learn from thought leading experts in Hand Hygiene who provided their insights and data on the latest developments within the hand hygiene category.
During these presentations you will:
- Review the history and science of alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR)
- Understand the critical variables which influence the antimicrobial efficacy and clinical effectiveness of ABHR
- Learn about key principles of hand hygiene and recent learnings in hand hygiene compliance auditing and monitoring
- Gain knowledge from an informative “Ask the Experts” Q&A session
Moderator: Dick Zoutman, MD, FRCPC
Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
The Science of ABHR Performance Evaluation and Factors Influencing ABHR Efficacy
William R. Jarvis, MD Jason and Jarvis Associates LLC, San Francisco, CA
Auditing Hand Hygiene Performance
Michael Gardam, MSc, MD, CM, MSc, FRCPC, CIC Physician Director, University Health Network, Toronto, ON
Ask the Experts Q&A Session
What's the big deal about hand hygiene?
As the inventor of PURELL®, GOJO has a long-standing history focused on developing solutions that help to:
- Increase hand hygiene compliance
- Reduce infections
- Improve patient outcomes
By partnering with a number of hospital systems across the world we have merged our science with clinically-based best practices to improve hand hygiene and the skin of healthcare workers.
Promoting Patient and Visitor Hand Hygiene: A Win-Win Initiative
Events, such as the H1N1 pandemic, trends in patient safety initiatives and a focus by hospitals on improving the patient experience have expanded the need and focus for hand hygiene awareness to patients and visitors in healthcare settings.
This webinar will provide detailed information on why patient and visitor hand hygiene deserves your attention and what you can do to create a culture where proper hand hygiene is a standard practice by all audiences in your facility.