1. Contact Details of the Controller
GOJO collects and uses the personal information you provide to us when using this website.
Your personal information is collected by GOJO. Our contact details are as follows:
GOJO Industries, Inc.
One GOJO Plaza, Suite 500
Akron, Ohio 44311 USA
If you have questions about how we use your personal information, you may send those questions to us at:
2. The Information that We Collect
GOJO may collect your personal information when you visit this website. This information helps us to customize for you an online experience that is both productive and pleasant. Knowing more about you allows GOJO to offer those features and services that may best suit your needs.
Personal information (“PI”) is any information that identifies an individual person or can be used to identify an individual person. PI includes, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, government-issued identification number, user ID and password.
You may choose to not give us your PI. You will still have access to this website. However, you may not be able to receive information about our products and services, or to participate in certain activities and promotions offered through the website or any interactive advertisements if we do not give us your PI.
Children's Privacy Statement
GOJO does not ask children (anyone under the age of 18) to provide us with their PI. If you wish to contact GOJO, and are under the age of 18, we would like you to ask a responsible adult to contact GOJO for you.
3. How We Collect Your PI
We collect the PI you submit to us when:
- You interact with us, using this website, before becoming a customer or end user, and after you become a customer or end user;
- You ask us, using this website, to provide our products or services to you, and you provide your PI to us in connection with the request;
- You communicate with us by telephone, email or via our website, to, for example, make inquiries or raise concerns;
- You visit our websites which include cookies or web beacon-enabled browser, or register a user account with our website or use some of our website services;
- You participate in a GOJO blog, online forum or community;
- You participate in surveys and polls run by GOJO; or,
- You apply to be a member of any of our customer programs, or you respond to our promotions, a product sample offer, initiatives, polls, sweepstakes or contests, or you subscribe to our mailing lists for email promotions, postal promotions or telephone or other forms of marketing.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Most browsers can be configured to reject cookies or inform users when cookies are being sent.
Web beacons are site instrumentation that helps GOJO to determine the kind of response online activities generate. For example, web beacons can document how many times a webpage has been viewed or how many of the e-mails requested by website visitors are actually opened. Generally, any electronic image that is part of a web page or html-based e-mail, including ad banners, can act as a web beacon.
4. How We Use the PI You Provide to Us
We may use your PI to contact you so we can send you:
- Marketing or promotional materials if you ask to receive them; and,
- Respond to your questions or comments.
GOJO may supplement or combine the PI you give to us with information we receive from third parties.
Your PI may also be used to:
- Improve our promotional and marketing campaigns;
- Statistically investigate how this website is being used;
- Improve the content of this website, including product offerings; and,
- Customize the content, design and services of this website.
Your PI may also be used to provide you with information such as targeted banners, new services, promotions and website content. This will be done when GOJO desires to specifically design these features to match your interests. This practice improves the website by allowing GOJO to adjust content to meet the needs of individual visitors.
5. Aggregate and Statistical Data
Web log information will be used to help modify this website and determine the popularity of its various features, as well as for other administrative purposes. This information may also be used to help identify any individuals attempting to illegally enter or damage the website. If there is reason to believe that there is evidence of an infringement concerning computer security or related laws, GOJO may share web log information with the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
6. The Bases on Which We Process Your PI
We will collect and process your PI where:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract we have entered into with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- You provided your consent to process your PI; or,
- We need to process your PI in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only use your PI for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We will notify you If we need to use your PI for an unrelated purpose.
Please note that we may process your PI without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where required or permitted by law.
7. Sharing and Transferring of PI
How GOJO Might Share Your Information
At times, GOJO may need to share your PI with its contractors, service providers and agents (“Third Parties”) because of the services provided by a Third Party. Third Parties with which we share your PI must sign a non-disclosure agreement with GOJO. Third Parties may not may not share or sell your PI to any other parties. Furthermore, Third Parties receiving your PI from us are prohibited from using it for any purpose other than providing services for GOJO. For example, GOJO may provide your PI to a Third Party to perform data processing services for us, to contact contest winners or to distribute requested product samples or information to you.
GOJO reserves the right to share your PI in situations where GOJO sells its business, parts of its business or certain assets. GOJO will also share your PI in response to requests from government and law enforcement agencies, as well as when otherwise required by law to do so.
Your PI may be transferred to GOJO locations and to Third Parties located in the United States and other countries or territories which do not offer the same level of data protection as the country in which you reside. If reside inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and we transfer your PI outside the EEA, we will put in place appropriate safeguards so that the transfer complies with applicable data protection rules. GOJO relies upon the European Union’s approved standard contractual clauses when transferring your PI to a country, such as the United States, whose privacy laws are not adequate in the eyes of the European Commission.
8. Securing you PI
9. Your Rights
Because privacy is important to you and to us, GOJO will implement reasonable and appropriate technical, physical and administrative measures to keep your PI secure from loss, misuse, alteration and unauthorized access. Third Parties given access to your PI are required to keep your PI confidential and are prohibited from using it for any purpose other than carrying out those services.
You have a number of rights with regard to your PI. Those rights include:
- Access: You are entitled to ask us if we are processing your PI and, if we are, you can request access to your PI. This is known as a "data subject access request". You are entitled to receive a copy of the PI GOJO maintains about you and to check that we are lawfully processing your PI;
- Correction: You are entitled to request that we correct any incomplete or inaccurate PI we maintain about you. This is also known as the “right to rectification”;
- Erasure: You are entitled to ask us to delete or remove the PI GOJO maintains about you in certain circumstances. This is known as the “right to be forgotten”. There are exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where GOJO must retain the PI to comply with law;
- Restriction: You are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of your PI in certain situations;
- Portability: You may request that we transfer your PI to another party under certain conditions;
- Withdraw Consent: Where GOJO is processing your PI based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent; and,
- Automated Processing: You have the right to ask us to stop using your PI for automated processing such as profiling.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact InternetInquiries@GOJO.com.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the Member State in the European Union where you reside, where you work or where an alleged violation of data protection law has taken place.
10. Retention of Your Information
GOJO will retain your PI for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your PI so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case, we may use such information without further notice to you.
11. Links to Other Sites
This website may contain links to other non-GOJO websites. GOJO is not responsible for either the privacy practices or the content of these sites. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of every website you visit.
12. Your Acceptance