Each year on May 5th, the World Health Organization’s SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands campaign aims to progress the goal of maintaining a global profile on the importance of hand hygiene in healthcare and to bring people together in support of hand hygiene improvement globally. The 2018 campaign, "It's in your hands - prevent sepsis in health care", focuses on the fight against sepsis in the context of hand hygiene and infection prevention programs.
We invite you to join the thousands of hospitals around the world that are using WHO tools and expertise to increase hand hygiene compliance.
- Commit to WHO’s campaign theme and issue your own information in the month leading up to the campaign
- Visit WHO 5 May 2018 website regularly for ongoing updates and new downloads. Website materials include a short advocacy slide set, a monthly newsletter, an engagement/activity tool for infection preventionists and new advocacy and instructional videos
- Follow the World Health Organization on Twitter (@WHO), Facebook, Instagram, and share social media posts relating to 5 May activities with your followers and friends.
- Share photos on social media using the #handhygiene and #antibiotic resistance – remember to join the conversation on 5 May
- Download the NEW poster pdfs from this WHO page and choose from the selection of GOJO educational items below to raise awareness